Thursday, September 21, 2006

The crapshoot

I went to Peter K's farewell luncheon today - Peter has been the deputy program manager in IWS5 and is leaving to work in the National Security Personnel System (NSPS).

I presented Peter a mini-submarine made from short-bread cookies 'welded' together with white chocolate and filled with peanut M&M candy. It was fun, and I think his kids will really appreciate it. It's vaguely immoral to take delight in destroying actual submarines, but it is acceptable to take delight in destroying (and consuming) cookie submarines.

I have been thinking of putting in for Peter's former position and was given the chance to provide CAPT R a quick summary of my past. He seemed delighted and strongly encouraged me to try for it. Without knowing what the competition is, he can make no guarantees, but at least I am confident that he'll end up with a great deputy, even if it isn't me.

About Me

Mother, Physicist, Manager, Author, Genealogist