Trivia - The cemetery on the bluff is still there, and the statue "Tragedy at Winter Quarters" stands on the third to fifth graves in the sixth and seventh rows of the old cemetery [http://www.avardfairbanks.com/sacred_works/winterquarters/index.html]. Lucy's grave is located at the foot of the plaque listing the names of those known to be buried in the cemetery.
Hyrum's widow, Mary Fielding, was the only adult amongst Joseph Smith's parents, siblings, and in-laws to leave Nauvoo and join with the Saints in Utah. Her son and grandson would each become Prophet and lead the 'Utah' church. I've portrayed the events of the night Jonathan helped moved the bodies of Hyrum and Joseph as documented by Susa Y. Gates. Except I don't know that Joseph suffered recurring nightmares as a result of what he saw that morning [http://jfs.saintswithouthalos.com/Reprints/sygmoths/03.htm].
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXX - John Hendricks
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXIX - Of Mice and Men
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXVIII - The Wagon Trail
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXVII - Salt Lake Valley
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXVI-D - Winter Quarters
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXVI-C - Iowa
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXVI-B - Eternity and Time
- Meg's Book - Chapter XXVI-A - Birthdays
- ▼ February (8)